sobota, 13 grudnia 2014

Vive l'empereur part 1 :First steps with Napoleonic Infantry in 28mm

I finished my first Voltigeur. Ive decided for Victrix miniatures and bought myself as Christmas present a box of their early French Infantry in bicornes. Later shako equipped infantry is more iconic for great Napoleonic battles, but I am more interested in skirmish so I decided to try early Italy - French in bicornes and Austrians in helmets (If i like th rules and painting miniatures I will then add 1812 in Russia skirmish later). Victrix miniatures are very nice, but a little fiddly. If I would play mass combat game I would choose Perry. Victrix have some flash (and in places it could be a little annoying to remove) but most important they are multipart. Each miniature consist of body and legs, head, musket arm, second arm, and in some cases extra sword.  Its top choice for skirmish, buy gluing up two boxes of them could be annoying.. Especially if you are interested in marching poses.. I want many poses so i went Victrix and despite flash I am very happy with them. Models paint nicely, and have very good detail, although some parts are very delicate (plastic is of the softer kind and one can damage bayonets and straps when cutting them up from the sprue). Additionally for each pair of sprues (4 pairs in box) you get extra 10 sets of hands with muskets, extra 12 heads and few extra bits (although hand with shako and one shako with plume look like  ended in this set by accident) Overall I give the models A- (for flash) but it would be B-  if  you plan to use them in mass combats (like 10 models per company.. any force above battalion would be a chore).
 

 


And WIP shot of guys being painted now:

Question that is puzzling me is how many will I manage to finish before I will get bored by this Napoleonic horde :>


3 komentarze:

  1. Can't get bored, that's a fantastic job!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Modele wyglądają bardzo fajnie. Wydaje mi się, że to najlepsze malowanie jakie u Ciebie widziałem. Jeśli chcesz mogę Ci zrobić podstawki tylko potrzebowałbym materiałów. Jak jesteś zainteresowany to PW na forum lub FB.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Thanks Phil ! You are too kind :)

    @Hamster
    O zdecydowanie nie są to moje najlepsze modele .pamietaj, że widzisz ten sam rozmiar zdjęcia i
    w przypadku 15 i tych 28 :>

    Ale dziękuję :>

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...